The Accountant assists Pinkerton's international offices by conducting accounting and finance related functions including but not limited to; transaction processing, A/R, A/P, general ledger, billing, reporting, and treasury support. The position will follow-up regularly with the field offices to ensure overall satisfaction and provide training and additional support, as needed.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Assist in transaction processing and document retention for cash application, administer fixed assets, A/R and A/P billing, and general ledger and reporting support.
- Provide treasury support including; daily management of cash pool and funding, foreign currency transactions, and bank account administration.
- Assist in month end close and HQ reporting process, annual statutory audit, and taxation matters.
- Perform accounts analysis and prepare inter-company and bank reconciliations.
- Conduct relevant business unit analysis and reporting, such as revenue and cost reporting.
- Provide accounting system training and support to field offices.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- ERP systems experience; Elite preferred.
- Fixed assets, general ledger, A/R and A/P experience.
- Exposure to reporting and/or consolidation systems; FRX, Hyperion preferred.
- Written and verbal bi-lingual skills; Portuguese and English.
- Able to interact effectively across all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Able to work independently under time constraints and deadlines.
- Customer service orientated.
- Proactively pursues best practices and process improvements.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Must undergo and meet company standards for pre-employment review.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Travel, as required.