The Pinkerton Dedicated Professional (PDP) Outreach Officer will proactively communicate with PDPs within a designated region to promote an engaged, connected, and successful community of Pinkerton security and risk management professionals. The Officer will collaborate with their Center of Excellence (CoE) team and other Pinkerton stakeholders to assess gaps/needs identified as part of the outreach, and implement remedial action and future forward initiatives.
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Proactively engage with Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals (PDPs) based in the AMEA and Europe regions;
- Follow an agreed schedule and cover set topics in each communication.
- Collaborate with the CoE team, Account Managers, and other internal stakeholders to assess the gaps and/or needs identified through the outreach to PDPs.
- Partner with the CoE team, Specialized Divisions, and Shared Services to design and implement remedial action and proactive initiatives.
- Document details of their engagement with each PDP for the purpose of data analysis and identification of best practices.
- Respond to communication initiated by PDPs and follow-up on items/questions in a timely manner.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrable interest in people matters including; wellbeing, professional development, training, and team-building.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attentive to detail, accuracy, and record-keeping.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Understands the importance of diversity and inclusion by embedding thoughtful communication within every interaction and engagement.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Remote work environment.