This position is located at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. It is a US Army installation which accommodates elements of deployed Military forces from all over the world. The Kuwait Ministry of Defense provides off base housing with a vehicle for those who qualify. The base provides permanent support facilities, base exchanges (AAFES), three gyms, a pool, three Military Dining Facilities, as well as paved roads throughout Camp Arifjan.
- Serves as the personnel and information security specialist for the Area Support Group Kuwait (ASG-KU) S2.
- Plans and implements the ASG KU-S2 Personnel Security Program in compliance with other applicable regulations and directives and guidance from higher headquarters.
- Assists developing and administering the Information Security Program.
- Acts as advisor to the organization on classification management procedures.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel up to 20% for this position.
- Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
- This position is designated as an Emergency Essential (E-E) position in support of mobilization and wartime mission requirements and requires the incumbent to remain in the overseas area and perform duties until relieved by the proper authority.
- In accordance with USCENTCOM Individual Protection and Individual-Unit Deployment Policy, MOD-15, incumbent is required to pass a pre-placement medical/dental examination, and receive immunizations (including the anthrax vaccination).
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on the duties and responsibilities defined.
- This is a drug testing designated position (TDP) subject to pre-employment drug test and random drug testing based on the requirement to possess a Top Secret security clearance
- Incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a US driver’s license.
- This position requires the incumbent to work some weekends and holidays, dependent on mission requirements.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 30 lbs.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1 ) Monitoring personnel and information security systems and programs; 2) Developing detailed policies, guidance, programs and standard operating procedures in accordance with applicable regulations for personnel security and information security; AND 3) Performing periodic reviews and security inspections. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).