Reviews and/or provides advice and support to managers and staff, including in agencies, funds and programmes, on security training related matters, i.e. interpretation and application/exceptions of security training standards, policies, regulations, rules and procedures; recommends changes as required.
• Participates and/or leads security training projects to evaluate the impact of training, redesign existing standards, create new learning tools to address gaps and/or strengthen the management and quality assurance processes, primarily in the area of First Responder training and other specialist security training.
• Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of security training and learning, with a focus on First Responder training and other specialized security training.
• Supervises and monitors the work of the Team Assistants in carrying out all administrative transactions related to security training projects and courses for which the security training officer is responsible.
• Coordinates and administers examinations and tests related to training certification of professional, general service and other categories of security staff.
• Identifies and analyzes training, staff development and career support needs for the Integrated Security Workforce and managers with security responsibilities and designs programmes to meet identified needs cost-effectively and in accordance with the Learning and Development Strategy for the Integrated Security Workforce.