JOB SUMMARY: The Travel Risk Coordinator will provide support to the region's Travel Risk Manager across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, while providing ad hoc support on the program's global projects. Most activities will center on the Middle East and Africa but support to the Travel Risk Manager will be expected across the EMEA region.
The Coordinator will monitor for travel to elevated risk countries, conduct regular document review, facilitate secure ground transportation and assist the Regional Travel Risk Manager in the event of security and medical incidents. The role collaborates with the client's Corporate Travel and various security stakeholders to streamline travel processes and positively influence traveler behavior.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide administrative support to the region's Travel Risk Manager across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, while providing ad hoc support on the program's global projects.
- Conduct regular review of traveler resources, ensuring processes and advice remain relevant and up-to-date.
- Manually monitor for travel to elevated risk countries, ensuring resources are pushed to travelers.
- Administer and log secure ground transportation, escalating exceptional tasks to the regional Travel Risk Manager;
- Work directly with travelers to ascertain traveler profiles and itineraries, ensuring the correct level of security support is in place.
- Develop relationships with the region's secure ground transportation vendors, maintaining an up-to-date contact list and ensuring invoices are accurate and paid.
- Assist the regional Travel Risk Manager with security/medical escalations. (This could require out-of-hours support).
- Monitor real-time and upcoming security/medical events in line with traveller whereabouts;
- Review vendor intelligence products and collaborate with the client's intelligence functions.
- Actively engage in data projects, including manual audit of vendor products.
- Support the TRM Regional Manager including delivery of pre-travel briefs and awareness sessions, when necessary.
- Attend travel fairs within the region to communicate the benefits of the client's TRM program to traveling employees.
- Collaborate with the TRM Regional Manager and apply their guidance and mentorship towards all work developed and completed.
- Collaborate with the client's Corporate Travel group and security stakeholders to increase awareness of the Travel Risk Management (TRM) program and positively influence traveler behavior.
- Manual monitoring for travel to elevated risk locations
- Administration of secure ground transportation and assistance with vendor management
- Assistance with the resolve of medical and security incidents, often requiring out-of-hours support
- Completion of reporting requirements, including data analysis and audits
- Awareness of major events in-region and how they impact the travel population
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and/or background investigation.
- Must meet the country's age requirement.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United Arab Emirates.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in international relations, political science, intel/security studies with five years of work experience in travel risk management, security and/or intelligence.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
- Travel risk management, security and/or intelligence experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Arabic, preferred.
- Knowledge of security issues, transportation systems, travel tracking and booking tools and operational risks related international corporations.
- Able to translate security and geopolitical risks into insights for business travel.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience living and working overseas, preferred.
- Serve as an effective and positive team member.
- Sharp, inquisitive, resilient and quick to learn
- Tech competent and data driven
- Excellent writing skills. Additional regional language preferred
- Genuine interest in the region's culture, security and geopolitics, which the ability to translate into relevant security advice and support
- Familiarity with major travel security vendors, such as International SOS
- Significant travel experience
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and TRM software/platforms.
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.