Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages a professional team encompassing a wide range of functions within the discipline:
o Evaluates staff, comparing objectives and achievements in staff assessments.
o Coaches employees in their professional career development and process improvements.
o Issues disciplinary or corrective actions when required.
o Recommends termination or contract non-renewal when appropriate.
• Serves as the subject matter expert for armament issues and equipment.
• Directs the identification and troubleshooting of ITAS, CROWS, fire control and LRU malfunctions.
• Establish removal and replacement procedures of items that are unserviceable and beyond repair capabilities.
• Ensure compliance of regulations and procedures for security, accountability and shipment of weapons.