- Track COMSEC requirements, ensuring implementation of approved processes, providing coordination of task/activation/deactivation of all equipment, status monitoring and reporting, receiving COMSEC devices into the controlled cryptographic items (CCI) inventory, bar- coding of new COMSEC devices, power testing of COMSEC devices received
- Track warranty information for all CCI inventory items, providing monthly and ad-hoc status reports and performing initial strapping and pre-configuration of cryptographic devices prior to deployment to field locations
- Ensure that National Security Agency approved components are used in communication security/controlled cryptographic items repairs, provide shop supervisor with equipment repair status, priorities, and necessity for bench stock resupply, perform final or quality control inspection of repaired equipment, control and account for controlled cryptographic items within the repair facility.
- Be a SME on traditional security requirements/regulations
- Understand TEMPEST requirements
- Experience of Protected Distribution System (PDS) requirements
- Advise on modifications to buildings to increase compliance with traditional security requirements
- Conduct building inspections checking for traditional security cultural issues such as daily checks not being completed, safes not secured, CAC’s left out, etc