Job Summary:This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Security Manager, assigned to a specific client, will drive the development and standardization of security policies and programs to safeguard the client's corporate business operations within United Arab Emirates. The Manager is responsible for supporting security operations, safety, and business continuity and emergency response, as well as physical security design/installation within the country plus KSA, Bahrain & Kuwait.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance and excellence.
- Establish and maintain close and collaborative working relationships with multiple cross functional teams and business stakeholders including, but not limited to, IT, Global Real Estate Facilities, Human Resources, Legal, etc.
- Responsible for day-to-day security operations which includes oversight of the Integrated Security Services portfolio.
- Assess, plan and arrange third party security services;
- Review, manage, and monitor the effectiveness of contracted security services/resources through the use of Monthly Business Review (MBR), Quarterly Business Review (QBR) metrics.
- Continuously review, implement, and maintain effective security policies, procedures, and practices.
- Develop performance metrics to track and improve individual, team, system, and site performance;
- Establish and implement effective, predictable, and measurable procedures/processes to be communicated clearly among client's stakeholders.
- Conduct initial workplace incident investigations (triage), site security audits, special event coordination and other safety, security, or business continuity initiatives.
- Confirm incident and crisis management response procedures are identified, documented, and understood by all key stakeholders.
- Engage the business and facilitate the development of Business Continuity plans, which are tested for critical business functions, and facilitate contingency arrangements and/or capabilities that are fit for purpose and present an effective response.
- Engage with business areas and customers to promote and provide awareness and training to drive consistency and compliance and achieve successful outcomes and foster a resilient client culture (to include Crisis Management, Incident Response and Business Continuity).
- Partner with critical functions to support the implementation of effective business continuity plans and facilitation of on-going testing.
- As action owner, understand the vulnerabilities of the sites within their AOR.
- Identify, assess, and present the risks to the business leaders and proposing appropriate mitigating controls such as risk control treatment and action plans.
- Implement controls for the execution of risk treatment plans and update the risk register and risk heat maps accordingly.
- Monitoring effectiveness of controls.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and support the creation and execution of business continuity management, crisis management and incident response programs.
- Support the ASM in the reporting and monitoring of Crisis Management, Incident Response and Business Continuity requirements, performance and activities, to senior management in order to support the ACS APAC Strategy and Enterprise Business Continuity program.
- Provide expert advice to Business Area Managers and/or Functional Continuity Managers (FCMs) on matters relating to Crisis Management, Incident Response and Business Continuity;
- Provide input to support security design projects during construction phase and evaluating security fit-out plans.
- Develop scheduled security related training workshop; in line with Corporate Security Program for security team and Amazon associates within Amazon Corporate Office.
- Provide support to ACS programs as required, including Prototype, TRM, GIU, Journey Management. SRM, EBC
- Perform other security related duties as required or assigned by Area Security Manager, AREA
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
Secondary School Certificate or equivalent and/or degree with at least eight years of security management, law enforcement, business continuity, or military experience.
- Security management, law enforcement, business continuity or military experience.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Arabic.
- Understanding the vulnerabilities of the sites within their AOR;
- Identifying, assessing, and presenting the risks to the business leaders, and proposing appropriate mitigating controls within the form of a Risk Control Treatment and Action Plan.
- The actual implementation of controls for executing their risk treatment plans as agreed with the business and for updating the risk register and risk heat maps accordingly
- Understanding of employment legislation related to country specific security staff and their potential moves between providers.
- Strong project management skills.
- Intelligence interpretation, security/risk threats, and investigation management experience.
- Familiarity with ISO standards (e.g., ISO/BS 25999, 22301, SRM 31000, etc.).
- Possesses, or has the ability to develop, a network of key stakeholders within assigned region.
- Knowledge of current security technology including Lenel.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the controls
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic understanding of legal contracts, budgeting, and key terms.
- Customer focused and detail orientated.
- Assertive and self-motivated.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Experienced in arranging international travel and conference calls.
- Serve as an effective team player.
- Ensuring the latest risk profiles, etc. are uploaded onto the ACS risk repository; and o Providing risk briefings to the relevant local Risk Owners on a quarterly basis.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office and internet.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required.